Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas toys…

I love people.

I love children.

I love a smile.

I love to serve.

and I love the God that created them all.

As a little Christmas tradition, I joined Lewis Blanchard and others from Executive Marketing and we took hundreds of toys to children in the projects around town. To those less fortunate than us. So many kids with so little. Little clothing. Little food. Little opportunity. Little futures ahead of them. SAD. I merely find it sad that I can travel around the world and within few miles of my house, see similar poverty. There was one family in particular we served… a lonely mother and her two small boys, who look so satisfied with nothing but incredibly excited for a new toy. We gave the children something of their choice and kindly they said thank you and began to walk off. Their mother, just as humble as could be, said thank you. She stated that those kids never get any attention, not from anyone… and that we were a blessing and sent from God.

The rule was one toy per child until all the toys were given out. Well we had been to all the places we planned on going so as all the children were breaking open their toys and share what the received, we began to give out another toy to those who wanted another… Which of course way everyone! The mother held back her boys as the others ran up, so I grabbed all I could hold in my arms: trucks, puzzles, cars, crayons, whatever! and I walked over and told the boys to stand still because we had a lot of toys to carry and I had to place them just right in their arms… and as I did the mother began crying. She was so thankful and grateful that we provided something for her children for Christmas because she simply couldn’t afford it. We hugged and wished each a Merry Christmas… and as she walked away she said to her boys, “Now son, this is what love looks like.”

Love. So precious. Faithful. True. Kind. Selfless. Hopeful. Perseveres. Never Fails…

My Lord is gracious. He is rich in Love. He is good to ALL…

Step out of your comfort zone and serve someone you wouldn’t normally serve. Watch and feel what God does in your heart & soul. Its contagious.

0 comments: